UC Santa Barbara
UC Santa Barbara’s new Sierra Madre Village offers residential style apartments and modern meeting rooms, all located around a central plaza which provides a lovely outdoor gathering place.
The Sierra Madre Village is located about a mile west of the UC Santa Barbara campus center and about a mile north of the ocean, with hiking trails and the town of Isla Vista nearby.
The inclusive Congress package at UC Santa Barbara includes registration, lodging and meals. Lodging is available either for a standard three night package or an early arrival package for four nights, which will accommodate people arriving on Thursday to participate in the Regional Council meeting or help with Congress set-up. Both packages include a full meal plan.
Apartments have two or three bedrooms, with two bathrooms. They also feature a kitchen and sitting room area. There are two twin beds in each bedroom, so each apartment can accommodate four (if two bedrooms) or six (if three bedroom) people.
The pricing structure is per person per bed, with the most cost effective package being for two people in each bedroom. However, a room can be reserved for one occupant, at a higher package price.
Please reserve a bed for children four years and older (children three and under can stay with parents in a bedroom).
See Price List for additional details on options.
Accommodations & Guest Services
Our residence halls include high- and low-rise buildings with spectacular views of the ocean, lagoon, or mountains. All residence halls have shared laundry facilities, TV lounges/recreation rooms, and wireless Internet access. For more information about each hall or apartment complex, click here.
Each apartment is equipped with:
- Electric tea kettle
- Table service for four or six, including knives, forks, spoons, cups and plates
- NOTE: Kitchens are NOT equipped with pots & pans, toasters or coffee makers.
Bed and Bath
Rooms and bathrooms are ready upon arrival. Sheets, blankets, and a pillow are placed on each bed with 2 towels and 1 washcloth per person. There is no daily maid/bed making service.
Towels may be exchanged at the Conference & Hospitality Services Apartments Office.
Apartments do not have televisions or phones.
Parking is FREE for those staying on campus! Permits are provided upon request at our front desks, along with directions to assigned parking lots.
Arrival/Departure Shuttle Service
Complimentary shuttle service to and from the Santa Barbara Airport and the Goleta station of the Santa Barbara Airbus is available through the residence hall front desks from 7am-10pm.
Wireless Internet Access
All residence halls and apartments have complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access for guests staying in UCSB accommodations.
Attractions in Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara offers some great things to do. Here is a sampling:
- Sands Beach, near Coal Oil Point Natural Reserve is walking distance from our Congress venue at Sierra Madre village past Devereux Lagoon (see west campus map).
- Campus Point Beach is south of the UCSB lagoon, and is walking distance from main campus (see east campus map).
- Goleta Beach Park is east, beyond campus. It is a 3 mile drive from Sierra Madre village.
Gardens and Parks
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden offers 5 miles of trails through California native plants.
- Lotusland features a huge diversity of exotic plants from around the globe, arranged in 25 gardens.
- MOXI, the new Science Museum offers hands-on experiences of interest to both adults and children.
- The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History offers many exhibits including an immersive bee hive.
For information on many more local attractions, go here.